Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This is an amazing spicy grilled shrimp recipe. It has become my family's new favorite.
Top Review by Baby Kato
These shrimps were excellent. Perfectly grilled and very very tasty. What a lovely spicy flavor they have. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. I served them inside of recipe #471567 along with green onions, romaine lettuce hearts, sliced mango, reserved marinade and cilantro. Wow, what a great meal it was. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, which I will make again.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon asian chili paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, parsley, hot sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, chile sauce, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside about 1/3 of this marinade to use while grilling.
- Place the shrimp in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining marinade to use while grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.