Prep 2 hrs 40 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is an amazing spicy grilled shrimp recipe. It has become my family's new favorite.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon asian chili paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, parsley, hot sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, chile sauce, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside about 1/3 of this marinade to use while grilling.
- Place the shrimp in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining marinade to use while grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
These shrimps were excellent. Perfectly grilled and very very tasty. What a lovely spicy flavor they have. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. I served them inside of recipe #471567 along with green onions, romaine lettuce hearts, sliced mango, reserved marinade and cilantro. Wow, what a great meal it was. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, which I will make again.