Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Got this recipe from my local farmer's market and it is soooo good!
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 -2 rip avocado, peeled and sliced
- mayonnaise (optional) or mustard (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; grill 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and condiments of your choice.