Recipe by Brittney_B
These are absolutely the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever! They are crisp on the outside yet soft and chewy in the middle and delicious chocolate chips are spread throughout them making them even more of a scrumptious treat. Whenever I make them they disappear in seconds; children and adults alike can't get enough. These cookies are so moist and chewy they literally melt in your mouth! The best EVER!
Top Review by Chef floWer
I made these with Little Miss last night and we both had fun. It was very easy to put together and had all of the ingredients at home with made it more easy. I cut down to 15 cookies and Little Miss was so happy when she was allowed to bring one to school. Thank you for posting for a wonderful Choc Chip Bikkie recipe Brittney_xo
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar (or white sugar)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (or 320°F).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat (or in the microwave)and set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour butter into a large bowl and stir in brown sugar and caster sugar until smooth and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg with a whisk or fork and stir into the sugar mixture along with the vanilla extract.
- Sift flours and baking powder together into a small bowl and then gradually mix into sugar mixture until combined.
- Stir through chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until just lightly golden then remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.