Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
an incredibly moist chocolate cake; so simple to make without heating up the house. Served warm and topped with vanilla ice cream, it is simply delicious! Transferred from another recipe site for archive purposes
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Spray crock of a large slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla until well combined. Whisk in the boiling water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Pour cake batter into prepared slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to "Low". Cook until cake has no wet spots on top and has pulled away from the sides of the crock, about 3-4 hours. Turn off slow cooker and allow cake to rest for 30 minutes before serving.