Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve as a side dish or as a light main dish. It doesn't get much simpler than this and you won't believe how good it tastes.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (butterfly pasta)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Boil the pasta in at least 2 quarts of water until it is tender, but not falling apart. Drain well in a colander (don't rinse!) and return right away to the warm cooking pot.
- Cut up the butter into the pasta and add the grated Parmesan cheese. Add the salt, less if desired. Toss carefully and serve when butter and cheese have fully melted.
- NOTE: Do not use the "green can" Parmesan cheese or you will be disappointed! Fresh Romano can also be substituted.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written and my family enjoyed this as a side dish with burgers tonight. My hubby thought it needed some pepper and I would add some next time I made it.
This was pretty good. I only added 5 T of butter and still thought it was a bit too buttery. I also added a handful of frozen peas at the end as somebody suggested and thought that was really good!
Decadent side-dish! Very simple as the title says. It's so rich I don't think you would want much more than a side-dish portion at a time.