Rare Affaire's Note:
Need an incredibly tasty, super fast side that can even pinch hit as a vegetarian main dish? This simplified version of "makaronada voutirou" is our go-to dish when we're feeling too lazy to do a lot of cooking but still want something delicious and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta in well-salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, grate your mizythra (also spelled myzithra). Make sure you have gotten the white, rather dry, crumbly variety! Use either a microplane or the fine grating on a box grater, not a coarse grating. Set aside.
- 3Drain the pasta and return to the warm pan.
- 4Add the butter and toss until melted and the pasta is coated.
- 5Add the mizithra, garlic and red pepper flakes (if desired). Toss to distribute evenly throughout the pasta.
- 6Serve hot with World-Class Garlic Bread (see recipe).
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Simple Greek Pasta Voutirou
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: