Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Would you believe ordinary bread slices can turn into fancy shrimp hors d'oeuvres with a touch of class?
- 12 slices white bread, thin slices, crusts removed
- 8 ounces bay shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup california raisins
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make cups, gently press bread slices into two inch muffin cups. To keep from making holes, press from edges of bread, not the center.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To make filling, in medium bowl mix remaining ingredients well. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Fill toast cups with shrimp mixture, dividing equally.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: 8 ounces shrimp = 1 1/3 cups shrimp.