Recipe by aeb8889
This is a great one dish meal with an Italian accent. The Shrimp and Hot Italian Sausage are accented with a Garlic Cream Sause.
- 1 lb raw shrimp (shell off and deviened)
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (I buy mine at the Italian Market)
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- fresh rosemary, to taste
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 3 bunches green onions
- 3 tablespoons flour, for thickening
- 1⁄2 cup water
- parmesan cheese
- romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove Italian Sausage from caseing. In an electric skillet or on top of the stove, brown very slowly the Italian sausage, the objective here is to brown it slow enough to allow the fat to run off into the skillet,add salt, pepper and press garlic, to the Italian Sausage once is has cooked.
- While Sausage is cooking chop tops of green onions and set aside.
- Mix water and flour together, make sure it is not lumpy and set aside.
- Add shelled and deveined shrimp to sausage , allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Heavy Cream to Shrimp and Sausage, enough to cover over about an inch and a half, increase heat slightly, add water and flour mixture to thicken. Simmer to desired thickness. (Do not over cook shrimp).
- Sauce should be the consistancy of alfredo sauce and light pink in color (from the sausage fat). Serve over fresh Angel Hair Pasta tossed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add fresh chopped green onion tops, Rosemary, Fresh Fancy Grated Parmesean and Ramano Cheese -- enjoy.