Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Fresh seafood is the best to use with this casserole. The recipe may be doubled if desired. This casserole is DELICIOUS!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subs please!)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons prepared mustard (can use Dijon)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups medium cooked shrimp, shell removed (or to taste)
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat (or to taste)
- 1 cup olive, sliced (black or green)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease/butter a large casserole dish, enough to hold the complete mixture, I use my large white Corning Ware dish for this.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat until melted.
- Add/whisk in flour, mustard, onion, garlic Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, pepper and tabasco sauce; whisk for 2 minutes.
- Carefully add in the half and half cream, whisking constantly until thickened, adjusting the salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and add/mix in the gruyere cheese until melted.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Add in the seafood and olives; mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish.
- Brush the top of the casserole with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- At this point the casserole may be refigerated, and baked later.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.