1/2 Photos of Amazing Salmon Tacos
Sitka Sound's Note:
Absolutely, hands down, no doubt about it, the best recipe for fish tacos! Do your chopping ahead of time, as these tacos cook up fast! Fresh and light in taste, the flavor of delicious Alaskan Wild Salmon shines in this dish. You may also substitute halibut, or a similarly firm textured fish in place of the salmon. The leftovers are great served cold over a salad! I adapted this recipe from my mom's method of preparing salmon tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb salmon, skinned and cut into one inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained (like Rotel)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1Toss cubed salmon in cumin and chili powder. Set aside.
- 2Heat large skillet over medium and cook yellow onion 2 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- 3Turn heat up to medium high. Add salmon to skillet. Lightly sear salmon cubes for about 2-3 minutes, turning gently (don't break the salmon into pieces!).
- 4IMPORTANT: Do not over cook the salmon. This juicy recipe will keep steaming the salmon. The salmon should still be firm in the middle of the cube when you proceed to the next step.
- 5Return heat setting to medium. Add canned tomatoes and chilies, cilantro and green onions. Gently incorporate and heat through.
- 6Squeeze quartered limes over the salmon mixture, give it a quick stir, and plate up the salmon (I usually drain a little liquid off at this point).
- 7Serve with warm flour tortillas, quality salsa, sour cream, sliced avocado, and crisp romaine lettuce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Salmon Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 561.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 25.5 g