Recipe by Marie
This sauce is so delicious you will want to lick your plate clean. Pan fried rib eye steaks are topped with the yummiest Marsala mushroom sauce and ready for the table in less than 30 minutes.
Top Review by Blue Bustard
Very good treatment for rib eye, which is not my favorite cut due to excessive fat. Also I couldn't resist adding step 5 1/2 by throwing 3 minced shallots in the pan and cooking until soft and then adding the garlic. Marsala makes a great sauce, and this one works well. (I can't imagine using grape juice....)
- 2 lbs rib eye steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat.
- Salt and pepper steaks to taste.
- Place steaks in hot skillet and immediately turn down heat to medium high.
- Cook steaks for 4 minutes on each side or to your taste.
- Remove steaks to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat and add butter and garlic.
- Return to heat and add mushrooms and saute until done.
- Add flour and cook for about a minute,decrease heat to medium low, then add wine and broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove pan from heat and add rosemary.