Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
True comfort food! I use the Oscar Meyer prepared real bacon bits in the pouch. Prep time includes the time to precook the potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 new potatoes (unpeeled, cooked and quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups French's French fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Mix the sour cream, bacon bits, dressing, parsley and cheese together.
- Toss mixture with potatoes and place in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients together for the topping.
- Spread over the potato mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
I agree that it seemed like something was lacking from this recipe, so I will probably spice it up some next time, but my husband liked it. Then again, he thinks anything with ranch is fantastic. :) Probably not a regular meal I will fix but a sure bet when 10 pound bags of potatoes are on sale!
This was good...for some reason I was expecting a stronger flavor. I will make again but maybe add something else to it.
Yummy potato casserole! I used light ranch dressing and it worked out great. Love the crunchy onion topping! I think this would be good even without the bacon. This is a keeper; thanx!