Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I started making pumpkin pie when I was in sixth grade, and have been making it for thanksgiving every year. I started with the simple recipe on the can and every year I've made adjustments until it's just right.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice, salt, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add pumpkin and dry spice mixture.
- Gradually add in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie crust. Be careful, the mixture will be very loose.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and continue to bake for an additional 20-30 minutes (toothpick test at 20 minutes to determine).
- Sprinkle top of pie with cinnamon sugar.
- Cool for 2 hours on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.