Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so good, it's always gone in a day.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- mix together butter and sugar.
- add egg substitute and pineapple, mix well.
- add in flours, soda, and salt, blend together.
- add vanilla.
- pour into greased & floured loaf pan.
- bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
*Amazing* is the perfect description for this bread. Very moist and flavourful, and it couldn't have been easier to make. I didn't have the egg substitute, so I used 2 eggs instead. Took 50 minutes in a 4-1/2 x 12 loaf pan. Many thanks for a terrific recipe. UPDATE Aug 18/08: I'm happy to say this recipe won 3rd Place in the Quick Bread category at our local fair. You really should give this one a try!!!!