Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best peanut butter cookie recipe I have ever come up with. No one I make them for can tell they're vegan! This recipe also doubles very well.
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydrogenated peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream together margarine, shortening, peanut butter, soy yogurt, and sugars.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a seperate bowl and then add them to the creamed mixture.
- Refridgerate dough for 15 to 20 minutes, and bake at 375 for about 11 minutes.
These definitely are amazing! I added about 2 tsp of organic cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of flax seeds. I also used whole wheat flour and added 2 tsp of plain soy milk. They're fantastic...
This recipe is so easy and quick! I haven't had peanut butter cookies in years and these taste just how I remember. I will be making these again in the future for sure. Thank you!
Fabulous cookies!!! I was somewhat lacking ingredients (due to remote location and empty cupboards) so I used regular yogurt, granulated white sugar, extra magarine instead of shortening, and added chopped nuts to make up the amount of peanut butter required. They were yummy, and not too sweet. Thanks T_Wise!