Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you love peanut butter then this is for you, these are moist, rich and they bake out perfrectly, I made mine in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan but you can also bake it in a 13 x 9-inch pan and adjust the baking time slightly --- you don't need a mixer to make this everything is mixed by hand and you won't even need icing on these, just serve these topped with ice cream, yield is only estimated.
- Set oven to 350° (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl melt the butter.
- Whisk in both sugars, vanilla and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add in eggs; whisk/mix until completely combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips or nuts (or use 3/4 cup of both!).
- Transfer to the baking pan and spread out with a spoon.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the bars test done.
So easy to make, and it tasted great too. I made mine in a 9x13 pan and baked it for 30 mins. I'll definitely make this again sometime. Thanks for the recipe!
Yum! I baked these in a 9 X 13 pan for 35 minutes and they are perfect in every way. We love the peanut butter and chocolate combination and these bars are oh so moist too! Thanks, Kit. :-)
Took these to work and some people said they really liked it! No one said they didn't like it. I made a batch to yield 15 bars and used 3 medium eggs, kept the original 1.5 cups chocolate chips and used natural peanut butter. I thought the peanut butter flavour was spot on. They were a little crumbly but it's not a drawback. A tasty treat for sure.