Recipe by PrimQuilter
This fabulous breakfast casserole is from the Gooseberry Patch girls. It does need to be refrigerated overnight, so plan ahead. Easy to pop in the oven in the morning and the smell is divine! Tastes similiar to a bread pudding.
Top Review by 871757
Love this recipe... but I don't think the quantities are correct. I think this would only serve 6-8 people. I doubled the recipe since we had 15 to serve and it wasn't enough! Also, I think it's yummier with sliced french bread instead of the raisin. Definitely doesn't need any extra syrup!
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, sliced
- 12 slices raisin bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, bring corn syrup, brown sugar and butter to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes and pour into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Cut or tear all of the bread and place in the pan, set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla and pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.