1 hr 15 mins
Andrew Mollmann's Note:
A recipe I need to try! Looks scrumptious. From here: http://glutenfreeincleveland.blogspot.com/2009/02/amazing-orange-almond-pound-cake.html Sorry for the weird flour measurements, Zaar is silly sometimes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3-1/2 cup grated orange zest (depending on how you like your orange flavor)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons brown rice flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (slightly less than)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice (start with less)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan.
- 2Combine buttermilk, orange juice and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Sift together flours, almond meal, xanthum gum, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set the dry ingredient mixture aside.
- 4In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter (beat with electric mixer about 3 minutes, until fluffy).
- 5Beat in eggs - one at a time - and chase it with the orange zest. Alternate adding the wet and dry ingredient mixtures to the batter, starting and ending with the flour.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- 7Remove the cake from the oven and let stand for at least five minutes.
- 8Turn the pan over on a plate or rack. While the cake cools an additional five minutes, make the orange vanilla syrup.
- 9In a small pot, combine sugar, orange juice, and vanilla. Heat on medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes a little thick (about three minutes). Spoon some or all of the mixture on top of the cake.
- 10When you're ready to serve: in a small bowl, mix 1 - 2 Tablespoons of orange juice with the powdered sugar to form a thick orange glaze. Drizzle some or all on top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Orange Almond Pound Cake (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 315.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: