Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty savory brunch recipe.
- 3 cups refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 links breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- fresh green onion, chopped for garnish
- Place 12 paper liners in a muffin pan; spray liners with cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper.
- Press hash brown mixture into bottom and up sides of the muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions; cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Divide sausage between muffin cups.
- Combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper.
- Pour over sausage.
- Sprinkle with onions.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until set.
I found this recipe in a magazine ad for Johnsonville breakfast sausage & hoped to find it here so I could add it to my online collection. These muffin cups are delicious; I substituted some chopped, cooked bacon for the sausage. Thoroughly enjoyable!!!