Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Full of delicious flavors! Try it over fresh green salad or tator tots! Really good stuff!
Make and share this Amazing Mexican Taco Pie - Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) can red beans or 1 (10 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (10 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can black beans or 1 (10 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- corn chips
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef with onions, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- You can also add a ccan of Rotel or diced tomatoes with the meat for more color and flavor, but it is delicious with or without them.
- While meat is cooking, lightly spray 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Crush plenty of corn chips and thoroughly cover the bottom of dish.
- Mix together the corn and your choice of 2 cans of the beans, drained (except the Ranch Style Texas beans if you use those) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Layer the bean mixture evenly over the corn chips.
- Layer the meat evenly over the beans.
- Add the cheese evenly on top of the meat.
- Place in oven about 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve with chips, salsa, and guacamole or spanish rice.
- Garnish with olives and sour cream if you like.