- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
Directions See How It's Made
- Place washed but unpeeled potatoes in large pot of cold water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain, then return to the hot pot and warm burner for a few minutes to evaporate remaining water (about two minutes) and then mash the potatoes.
- Stir butter into potatoes.
- Add warm milk, goat cheese and herbs.
- Stir and salt to taste.