After trying ENDLESS cheesecake recipes that promised to be healthy and yummy, but ended up tasting like health food, I decided to take this project into my own hands! I've experimented with several combination and finally found the perfect recipe for a healthy cheesecake that taste EXACTLY (if not better) like the real thing. I like to make my own fiber one pie crust, but feel free to use your own recipe or buy one from the store! Enjoy!
- 24 hours in advance, you are going to need to make then yogurt into yocheese. Do this by placing a large strainer in a bowl. Line the strainer with a few layers of paper towels, and pour in the yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. This will allow the whey to drain from the yogurt, making the consistency much more firm.
- After 24 hours has passed, you can begin by whipping the cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar substitute.
- Add in the instant pudding, and mix well.
- Stir out the lumps either by hand or place in blender. It is important that all lump are out and batter is smooth.
- Pour in pie crust and refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
I have been trying to enter this review for 10 minutes, and once again we are plagued with another site Boo-Boo, what's new. I'm giving this a 5 star rating, but the stars won't stay lit up.I made this yesterday, after having drained the yogurt the day before. First of all, I chose to put mine in margarita glasses, thinking it a nice touch.I also chose to sprinkle crushed chocolate graham crackers over the tops, rather than make a crust.I tasted one of them last night. I was not impressed, in fact, I didn't like the after-taste. I really was prepared to dump them, but didn't want to bother with it last night. Today I took one out and decided to taste it again, before I dumped them. It is delicious! I took a picture and will get it posted soon. These make really pretty individual desserts parfait style. This is a really nice dessert for those who choose this type of dessert. Just make sure that you refrigerate them either all day or over night. Thanks so much for sharing.
I made this with both sugar free cheesecake and vanilla pudding and it was wonderful with both. I use homemade yogurt and cream cheese. I also served it as a parfait since I do not care for the crust that much. Thanks for posting such an easy and healthy recipe!
If you are addicted to cheesecake and are trying to loose weight, this recipe will satisfy that "got to have it" craving. Planning ahead is key and you must have patience to have it turn out right. Just try two bites before you decide whether you like it or not.