Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This noodle kugel is what my mom makes every Shabbos. It's amazing and fairly easy to make. Note: It is best to make the night before and put in the refrigerator. The next day slice with a knife, then reheat in the oven.
- 16 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Boil noodles (according to instructions on bag). Watch the time, don't let them get too soggy.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- When they are done, drain in a colander and then put in a large bowl.
- Put the stick of margarine directly on the hot noodles and mix until the margarine is melted.
- Add the eggs, sugar, applesauce and vanilla and mix all together.
- Put the noodle mixture in a 9x13 aluminum baking pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover the noodle kugel with aluminum foil and cook for 30 minutes, then uncover the foil and cook for another 30-35 minutes.