1/1 Photo of Amazing Italian Tomato Soup
This is one of my Recipes prepared on Christmas Eve 2005 as part of a Holiday Spaghetti Dinner. It was easy to prepare, and has outstanding flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown and drain your ground beef. Set it aside in a covered bowl until ready to use.
- 2Chop your onions, celery, and garlic finely.
- 3Slice your tomatoes discarding the end pieces.
- 4Lightly spray the bottom of a 5 quart (or larger) stewpot with cooking spray. Saute your onions, celery, and garlic until the celery is fork-tender.
- 5Add your chicken broth. If you prefer your soup with a thicker consistency, reduce the amount of chicken broth, or increase the amount of fire roasted tomatoes.
- 6Bring to a gentle boil, then add all other ingredients EXCEPT the ground beef. Continue to boil about 5 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to simmer and add your browned ground beef. Omit the groud beef if you want a vegetarian soup.
- 8Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and more Italian Seasoning to suit your taste preferences.
- 9Serve with a variety of toppings on the side which your guests can add on their own. Shredded Italian cheeses, grated Parmesan Cheese, Chopped Spring Onions, and Seasoned Bread Crumbs work well.
- 10Your guests will think you were born in Sicily as they warm up their taste buds with a bowl of your soup.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Italian Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 868.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: