Recipe by Wildflour
My DH loves those frozen Tony's Pizza Rolls....I'll eat them too, but....what exactly is in them?? We probably don't want to even know! These are MUCH better and at least we know what we're eating!! Buy extra sauce for dipping if you'd like, but they really don't need it. Also, add/omit any ingredients you like or don't like. Make them to your own taste of course. This is what we like in them.
Top Review by jackieliz
Very good and super simple. I slightly underfilled them and had no problems with them bursting, they actually looked like they were made by someone who knew what they were doing. Now I'm curious to see what else I can put inside an eggroll wrapper....
- 4 cups shredded pizza cheese or 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb sausage, cooked, drained
- 2 (3 ounce) packagessliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 2 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine above ingredients except wrappers (and oil).
- Place a ¼ cup filling in center of each egg roll. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner w/water and roll up tightly to seal. Fry in 1” of 375º oil for 1-2 minutes til golden brown.
- Serve with addition pizza sauce for dipping if desired.