Amazing Hazelnut-Mocha Torte
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 F; line the bottoms of two eight-inch cake pans with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside.
- Prepare cake: first, place nuts in food processor and finely chop; remove from processor and set aside.
- Add eggs and white sugar to food processor and process until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and chopped nuts to egg/sugar mixture in processor; pulse only until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the two pans and take for 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove layers from pans and cool on a rack (remove paper).
- Prepare filling: place butter and sifted icing sugar in a mixing bowl and.
- cream together using an electric mixer.
- Add hot coffee, cocoa and vanilla; combine well.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate, spread this mixture over the cake layer (use all of it) and then cover with the second cake layer.
- Cover well and refrigerate.
- Shortly before serving, prepare topping: in a chilled mixing bowl, with an electric mixer whose beaters have been chilled, beat whipping cream with the sugar and coffee liqueur.
- Spread over top and sides of torte, and serve.