My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For The Cake
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
For The Filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons strong hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For The Topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua or Tia Maria)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F; line the bottoms of two eight-inch cake pans with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside.
- 2Prepare cake: first, place nuts in food processor and finely chop; remove from processor and set aside.
- 3Add eggs and white sugar to food processor and process until well mixed.
- 4Add flour, baking powder and chopped nuts to egg/sugar mixture in processor; pulse only until combined.
- 5Divide batter evenly between the two pans and take for 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- 6Remove layers from pans and cool on a rack (remove paper).
- 7Prepare filling: place butter and sifted icing sugar in a mixing bowl and.
- 8cream together using an electric mixer.
- 9Add hot coffee, cocoa and vanilla; combine well.
- 10Place one cake layer on a serving plate, spread this mixture over the cake layer (use all of it) and then cover with the second cake layer.
- 11Cover well and refrigerate.
- 12Shortly before serving, prepare topping: in a chilled mixing bowl, with an electric mixer whose beaters have been chilled, beat whipping cream with the sugar and coffee liqueur.
- 13Spread over top and sides of torte, and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Hazelnut-Mocha Torte
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.3
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.1 mg
- Sodium 180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g