Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The addition of onion and oregano makes this taste so much more amazing than one would normally think. My husband insists that I make 2 so he can get his full and then take the rest to work for lunch. Any time I've given out the recipe, everyone ends up being shocked as to just how good it is.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 lb honey-roasted ham, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb havarti cheese or 1⁄2 lb muenster cheese, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stretch pizza dough out on a large cookie sheet lined with nonstick aluminum foil, approximately 10" x 13".
- Layer the ham on the dough, followed by the cheese, onion and oregano.
- With the long side closest to you, roll away from you and then seal the edge and ends.
- Slice vent holes on top, taking care to only cut through the dough.
- Bake in oven for approximately 45 minute.
we love stromboli and had a bunch of havarti to use up so this was the perfect recipe! loved the onions in the filling. i made the amish white bread recipe found here on recipezaar instead of pizza dough as that is what i usually do for stromboli. it made 2 loaves so i filled the other one and froze it for another day. yummy!
This was very easy to make and was delicious! We will definitely make this again, thank you!