Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Best chicken curry I've had! Also good done with chicken drum sticks--just cook for longer. I usually double the sauce--trust me it will all get mopped up with the rice.
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon kaffer fresh lime leaves, finely chopped
- 100 g peanut butter
- 200 g water chestnuts, chopped
- Fry curry paste in oil until fragrant, add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and turn heat to low.
- Add chicken pieces and another cup of coconut milk.
- Add fish sauce, sugar, kaffer leaves and bring to the boil.
- Add the peanut butter and rest of coconut milk along with the water chestnuts. simmer until the chicken is cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with hot rice.