Recipe by Buttercream
Yes - you use the Grape Nut Cereal. Trust, me - you will be very surprised at the sweetness and deliciousness of this wonderful bread!!!
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak grape nuts in buttermilk in large bowl for 10 minutes.
- *Note: you can substitute for buttermilk by putting 2 tbsp lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup and adding enough milk to reach 2 cups*.
- In separate bowl, cream together the sugar and eggs. Add to grape nut mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Pour into 2-3 greased and floured loaf pans (depending on size).
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool completely before slicing.
- Tastes delicious warmed with butter or honey!