Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are a favorite in my household. We probably make them once every couple weeks....They are DELICIOUS.
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup goat cheese (cream cheese can be substituted)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
- 35 crackers, crushed, 1 sleeve (3/4-1 cup crushed cracker crumbs)
- Mix together all ingredients in medium size mixing bowl (be sure to add cracker crumbs last).
- Take about 1-2 tbsp worth of mix and squish into 3 inch patties onto lightly greased frying pan.
- Pan fry each side until brown.
Super delicious and SO easy, really pretty quick, and for a poor college student, really not that expensive to make! I used the herb goat cheese which actually I felt worked really well, and next time we're going to try adding those little mini shrimp cocktail shrimp. We tried the crab cakes with both a plum sauce and a Thai red pepper chili sauce, and while both worked, I recommend the chili sauce. The mild spiciness was a nice contrast.
Made these last weekend to serve before a crawfish etouffe main meal -- really good and easy! Used good quality canned crab, a mixture of Ritz and butter crackers, and Chavrie, which is a very mild tasting goat cheese. Next time, will use a stronger flavored cheese and/or one with herbs or spices. Found it easier to shape the cakes after the mixture had chilled in the refrigerator for about an hour. Served with a dollop of some wasabi mayo I whipped up with a little lime juice, green onion and fresh grated ginger. They were good warm and at room temp. Yumm!
I normally hate crab cakes, but my girlfriend made these and they were spectacular. So thin and almost crispy, all the ingredients come together so it's not all about the crab. Only problem is I want to eat it all myself... not for sharing.