Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This marinade tenderizes the steaks and makes them absolutely delicious. You won't need steak sauce for this one! I will sometimes use it on a big London broil which I'll slice against the grain. The result is tender and really delicious. I never measure anything for this. It's hard to mess up. Prep time doesn't include time marinating in the fridge.
- 4 steaks, any cut
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Throw all ingredients in a Ziplock bag with your steaks.
- Refrigerate overnight (tastes best), or for at least two hours.
- Cook your steaks however you want.
- Some people will probably scream unsanitary, but I like to boil down the marinade until it thickens in the same pan I cook my steaks in, and serve it as a pan sauce. I'm not dead yet!
steak sounds wonderful, will try over the weekend, I just want to know, why is it unsanitary to cook the marinade and use it as a sauce??? sounds great to me!
This is my new go-to steak marinade. I had some not so tender tri-tip steaks in the freezer. A couple of hours in this mixture and they cut like butter. The flavor is wonderful, not too sweet like some.
This is the greatest marinade I have ever tasted..We used to just season the steaks and usa A1 sauce but now i use this and I dont need A1...Thanks!!!!