1/3 Photos of Amazing Giant Chocolate-Toffee Cookies
These are wonderful and oh so chocolaty! The toffee adds a really nice flavor to the cookies, too. These are big cookies--probably 4" diameter. So, you can make them smaller if you prefer. Prep time doesn't include time to chill dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) or 1 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, coarsely chopped (like Heath or Skor)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 1Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, whisk to blend.
- 2Stir chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water until melted and smooth. If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a sauce pan over low heat.
- 3Remove pan from over water (heat) and cool to lukewarm.
- 4Beat sugar and eggs in a bowl until thick (about 5 minutes) using an electric mixer.
- 5Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- 6Stir in flour mixture, then toffee and nuts.
- 7Chill batter until firm (about 45 minutes).
- 8Preheat oven to 350°.
- 9Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, 2 1/2" apart.
- 10Bake just until tops are dry and cracked but cookies are still soft to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- 11Cool on cookie sheets.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Giant Chocolate-Toffee Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g