Recipe by CarolAnn
These are wonderful and oh so chocolaty! The toffee adds a really nice flavor to the cookies, too. These are big cookies--probably 4" diameter. So, you can make them smaller if you prefer. Prep time doesn't include time to chill dough.
Top Review by Ed & Cheryl
Used an icecream scoop and cooked for 30min-very large wonderful cookie.
Found skor bar bits in the baking isle..sold in a bag like to chocochips.
Wish I had a picture to post but they were gone so fast lol and I doubled the recipie.
ps the star thingie did seem to work : this cookie is worth more than 5 stars.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) or 1 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, coarsely chopped (like Heath or Skor)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, whisk to blend.
- Stir chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water until melted and smooth. If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a sauce pan over low heat.
- Remove pan from over water (heat) and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat sugar and eggs in a bowl until thick (about 5 minutes) using an electric mixer.
- Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, then toffee and nuts.
- Chill batter until firm (about 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, 2 1/2" apart.
- Bake just until tops are dry and cracked but cookies are still soft to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets.