Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is about the best garlic bread I have ever had. Garlic wusses, proceed with caution!
Make and share this Amazing Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, whole
- olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- salt, pepper,cayenne,to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or shredded (optional)
- 1 loaf good Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take a piece of foil and place whole garlic cloves in it, coating with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Wrap tightly.
- Bake until done, 20 min to 1/2 hour.
- Cloves will be done when sweet smelling, soft and golden brown.
- Split bread lengthwise.
- Remove excess dough.
- Mash roasted garlic with all other ingredients except cheeses.
- Spread cut surfaces of bread with butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and layer bottom half with mozzarella.
- Press halves together and wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees until outer crust is crispy and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and cut into thick vertical slices.
- I like it just as it is, crispy outside, moist and chewy (and slightly saturated!) inside, but you could bake this open faced on a cookie sheet for a crisper texture.
- If you do this, put mozzarella on both sides.
- You can make the garlic butter ahead of time and refrigerate it.
- It's also to die for melted over hot pasta!
Wow!!! This was incredible garlic bread. I went with the mozzarella and left off the parmesan cheese, and it came out just perfect. My hubby and I both thought it was the best garlic bread we have had. The roasted garlic added a wonderful dimension to it! Served it with Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti #22782, and we couldn't have dreamed of a more wonderful dinner. Thanks so much for this fantastic recipe!!
Best Ever! Try it on the grill, try it with fresh herbs....WOW. It gets devoured!
Absolutely the best Garlic Bread on Earth..! Follow the intructions to the letter...YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!