Recipe by fudgequeen
This fudge is always soft, not too sweet and always welcome as a gift. Easy and quick to make, it has won prizes at our local fair several years in a row.
Top Review by Miss Annie in Indy
5 stars for a wonderfully EASY and tasty recipe. I used the peanut butter option and since you didn't specify the kind of flour I used almond flour. I had never heard of flour in fudge and was somewhat skeptical but it was great. It made it a bit less sweet than my usual peanut butter fudge made with marshmallows. I like this recipe better. Thank you for sharing.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to rolling boil, cook until soft ball stage.
- Take off burner, add butter and cocoa and whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla and one of the three optional flavorings.
- Add flour and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Immediately pour onto buttered plate.
- (Note: peanut butter will hasten setting process).