This fudge is always soft, not too sweet and always welcome as a gift. Easy and quick to make, it has won prizes at our local fair several years in a row.
- Combine sugar and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to rolling boil, cook until soft ball stage.
- Take off burner, add butter and cocoa and whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla and one of the three optional flavorings.
- Add flour and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Immediately pour onto buttered plate.
- (Note: peanut butter will hasten setting process).