Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This fudge is always soft, not too sweet and always welcome as a gift. Easy and quick to make, it has won prizes at our local fair several years in a row.
- Combine sugar and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to rolling boil, cook until soft ball stage.
- Take off burner, add butter and cocoa and whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla and one of the three optional flavorings.
- Add flour and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Immediately pour onto buttered plate.
- (Note: peanut butter will hasten setting process).
5 stars for a wonderfully EASY and tasty recipe. I used the peanut butter option and since you didn't specify the kind of flour I used almond flour. I had never heard of flour in fudge and was somewhat skeptical but it was great. It made it a bit less sweet than my usual peanut butter fudge made with marshmallows. I like this recipe better. Thank you for sharing.
I made this fudge and it was definitely good, the texture was a bit different from what I'm used to (I'm used to the grainy old fashioned break your arm off stirring kind) but it was realllly good. :D I subbed coconut powder for the flour and didn't add any of the peanut butter/almond/peppermint flavour. Easy! Thanks for sharing :)
I made this fudge, and it wasn't the greatest. I decided to use Peppermint Extract in mine. I didn't have 1/2 tsp left in the bottle, and am I glad I didn't! It was about 1/4 tsp that I used, and it was still overpoweringly minty. If I make it again, I will either exclude the peppermint extract, or I will put it an extremely small amount.