1 hr 20 mins
The name says it all:) Please note: Cooking time is a guesstimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g butterfish or 750 g hamour fish, cleaned,washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh fenugreek leaves, washed and chopped (methi)
- 3/4 cup yogurt cheese (labneh)
- 3/4 cup cream
- 6 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder, to taste
- 3 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour, dry roasted on a griddle (tawa,besan)
- 3 egg yolks
- oil, for basting
- 1Pat dry fish pieces on a clean paper towel.
- 2In a bowl, combine together the fish, lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder.
- 3Keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 4Soak fenugreek leaves in salted water for 10 minutes.
- 5Squeeze and drain out water.
- 6Combine fresh fenugreek leaves, cream, labneh, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, kasoori methi, gramflour, egg yolks and fish.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Thread fish tikka pieces onto skewers.
- 9Barbecue over a hot charcoal or electric grill.
- 10When half done, baste fish tikkas with oil once and then cook until completely done.
- 11Serve hot with chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Fish Tikka
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 313.2 mg
- Sodium 203.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried fenugreek leaves