Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
The name says it all:) Please note: Cooking time is a guesstimate.
- 750 g butterfish or 750 g hamour fish, cleaned,washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh fenugreek leaves, washed and chopped (methi)
- 3⁄4 cup yogurt cheese (labneh)
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 6 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder, to taste
- 3 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour, dry roasted on a griddle (tawa,besan)
- 3 egg yolks
- oil, for basting
- Pat dry fish pieces on a clean paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine together the fish, lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder.
- Keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Soak fenugreek leaves in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze and drain out water.
- Combine fresh fenugreek leaves, cream, labneh, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, kasoori methi, gramflour, egg yolks and fish.
- Mix well.
- Thread fish tikka pieces onto skewers.
- Barbecue over a hot charcoal or electric grill.
- When half done, baste fish tikkas with oil once and then cook until completely done.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Seems to be a nice fish recipe, I will try it out soon.