1/5 Photos of Amazing Fast Rise Challah Bread - One Small Loaf
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You can make a challah in under 2 hours using quick rise yeast. This recipe is for one small loaf of challah.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix warm water, oil and egg together into a stand mixer bowl. Mix, with kneading hook, until blended.
- 2Add salt, sugar, and yeast and flour ( small amount at a time). Mix with hook until a soft dough is formed. You may need to add a bit more warm water ( or more flour if needed). Check the dough, it should be soft and slightly sticky. It should easily form into a smooth ball. When the right consistency is reached, knead with hook for 6 minutes.
- 3Take dough ball out and place into oiled bowl-turn it over so that the oil in on all sides. Cover with saran wrap and let rise until doubled ( about 30 minutes or more).
- 4Punch down dough and divide into thirds. Roll each piece into a strand . Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place all three strands onto sheet and braid. Cover with saran wrap and let rise again until doubled ( about 30 minutes or more). In the mean time preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Brush top of braid with beaten egg yolk and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Fast Rise Challah Bread - One Small Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1508.4
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 352.0 mg
- Sodium 2415.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 219.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 36.9 g