Recipe by Scotland
I made this recipe up myself and have perfected it over the years. I've taken these to church potlucks and have beaten out sweet grandmas with the hushed compliments I've received. They always go fast! It's the addition of the sour cream that sets them apart. (Also, I bought an egg cooker, such a great investment.)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or 1 of each) or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (or 1 of each)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 scant silverware teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 dash garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- paprika, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs and slice into halves lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from whites and put into small round bowl and mash yolks with a fork into fine pieces.
- Add next 5 ingredients. Try not to add too much vinegar from the relish.
- Stir mixture until creamy.
- Spoon mixture into egg white halves or pipe.
- Dust the tops of the filled eggs with paprika.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1-2 hours before serving.