Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this recipe up myself and have perfected it over the years. I've taken these to church potlucks and have beaten out sweet grandmas with the hushed compliments I've received. They always go fast! It's the addition of the sour cream that sets them apart. (Also, I bought an egg cooker, such a great investment.)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or 1 of each) or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (or 1 of each)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 scant silverware teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 dash garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- paprika, for dusting
- Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs and slice into halves lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from whites and put into small round bowl and mash yolks with a fork into fine pieces.
- Add next 5 ingredients. Try not to add too much vinegar from the relish.
- Stir mixture until creamy.
- Spoon mixture into egg white halves or pipe.
- Dust the tops of the filled eggs with paprika.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
We love deviled eggs and really enjoyed this recipe. It was simple to make and was a nice creamy texture. Thanks for sharing. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I'm not a lover of deviled eggs but it turns out that my family are! These were easy to make, I confesss that my daughter actually made them, her first, and very successful attempt. The filling is nice and creamy, everyone enjoyed them, even me :) I can see that we will be making these again, as my son was quite put out that we didn't save any for him!
These were made for PAC Fall 2011, thank you, Scotland!
My family enjoys trying new recipes for deviled eggs & this one was a hit. The sour cream added a lovely creaminess to the filling, but didn't mask the other flavors. Thank you for shaing your recipe!