Recipe by Erindipity
This recipe combines my meatball recipe with one from Alton Brown off Good Eats. My husband and I think they are some of the best meatballs ever made.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
- 1⁄2 grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat, spinach, cheese, eg, basil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 c of the bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Place the remaining bread crumbs into a small bowl. Use a scal to weigh meatballs into 1 1/2 oz portions and place on a sheet pan. Shape into meatballs. Place the meatballs in individual, miniature muffin tin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.