Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this spread on your bagels, toast, or whatever else you have that requires cream cheese! Stuff your chicken breasts with this! Use this spread for cream cheese roll ups, chicken/crescent packets... use your imagination and use this spread! :) Obviously double or halve this recipe for the amount of cream cheese you need. Store it in a Tupperware or bowl with a lid in the fridge for later use. ** Note: I recently added a tablespoon or two of chopped fresh mint leaves to the mix and it was really good! I'm sure you could experiment with other herbs as well, but this mix is divine.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place cream cheese into a bowl. Let soften for a few minutes. (Do not heat).
- Add jalapeno, green onions, cilantro, salt, pepper, and stir until completely mixed through.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more, and then spread on your favorite bagel, toast, etc.
- Store with tight fitting lid in fridge.
Excellent! Thank you! UPDATE: I took your advice on the fresh mint and I think it is ESSENTIAL - I absolutely love the mint in this, and I'm not necessarily a mint worshipper.
This spread is fabulous! I have taken the liberty of adding garlic and finely chopped bacon and used it to make Armadillo Eggs (stuffed jalapenos), Stuffed Jalapenos/Armadillo Eggs. Tasty, easy and absolutely the best I've had. Thanks so much!
Yes this cream cheese spread is amazing! I loved it - made it with everything you suggested and used it for sandwiches with my home-made multi-grain cheese bread - AMAZING as the title says. I love easy and tasty recipes like this - hence 5 stars! Made for Holiday Tag Game - very much enjoyed and a keeper! FT:-)