Recipe by CookNCop504
An amazing bisque filled with crawfish, crab, corn, celery, green onion and more...delicious!!!!!
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans corn
- 4 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup water
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cups milk
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons crab boil (optional)
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 4 (6 ounce) cansof fancy lump crabmeat
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour a tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until blended. Continue stirring to make a light brown roux, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, corn, celery, garlic, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 4 minutes. Slowly stir in the stock or water. Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the milk, cream, and the crab boil, if using. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the crab, crawfish, green onions and both cans of potato soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Ladle into shallow soup cups or bowls and serve hot.