Brenda G's Note:
This is a really nice change from the basic fresh cranberry sauce and I would never buy canned sauce again! Very simple to make, and the leftovers added to a package of raspberry jello makes an awesome fruity jello dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain juice from pineapple and mandarine oranges and set fruit aside.
- 2Use 1 cup of juice from canned fruit in place of the water normally used to cook cranberries.
- 3In a medium saucepan, combine juice and sugar, boiling until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Add cranberries and return to boil.
- 5Reduce heat to med low, add salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and allspice.
- 6Cook untill all the berries have popped and suace is thickened,
- 7Cool to room temperature, Fold in reserved pineapple and mandarine orange segments.
- 8Chill until ready to serve.
- 9At serving time sprinkle chopped pecan over the top and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 76.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g