Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was making these for Easter this year and didn't fully like any of the recipes I found, so I came up with this one from ingredients from about 10 recipes. These are very filling, so you may want to slice in half before serving. Or, I did see some large pasta shells (not the stuffing ones) about 1/4 the size and thought these would be better.
- Beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, cayenne, salt, and pepper until smooth using hand mixer or food processor.
- Fold in the crab meat, shrimp, and scallions until evenly combined.
- Stuff the shells with the mixture and place on a serving dish.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 12 hours before serving.
- Can cut the shells in half prior to serving as these are very filling.
It's not that I hate this recipe; I think it's terrific with some serious adjustments...a LOT more scallion, a LOT less cayenne, a LOT more lemon, and skip the crab in favor of chunk white tuna (just because crab is too expensive to hide in this creamy rich sauce.) I would also use a different pasta; I don't think the shells are a good fit.
Another great recipe. I made this for Father's Day. Thanks for posting.