Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A no-fail buttery flakey crust topped with the most delicious butter tart-like filling! --- these take little time to make and are so delicious, please make the crust only on a food processor it will not have the same texture if mixed by hand --- servings are only estimated it depends on what size you cut the squares :)
Top Review by LuuvBunny
Wow,love this recipe!The bottom layer is so flaky and buttery,it melts in your mouth.The top layer is quite sweet,next time I would reduce the brown sugar a little.Thanks for posting a great recipe!
- 1 cup cold butter, cut in small chunks (no subs please!)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (no subs please!)
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups brown sugar (can use 1 cup light and 1 cup dark brown sugar if desired)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 3⁄4-1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- For the crust: Mix all ingredients in a food processor until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- To make filling/topping: In a bowl, whisk/mix butter, eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, flour, vanilla and salt until well blended.
- Mix in the coconut, raisins and nuts (if using).
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set.
- Cool and cut into squares.