Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A favorite recipe from the 1977 "Proven Baker's Secrets to Bake Yourself Proud"--an insert from a magazine of that year. Very easy to make. Makes its own crust.
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 4 eggs (3 will work if they're extra large)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the coconut, together in a blender.
- Cover and blend on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Let stand about 5 minutes then sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
Everyone liked this and yes it is dead simple to make. Very custard-y. I would probably add a little more sugar next time around. Took way more than 40 min in oven to set completely... more like an hour. Tasted even better the next day.
OMG this is sooo good! It has to be the easiest recipe for something so good. I added 1/2t almond extract thats my only change. That added a nice flavor. It's simple, fast, cheap, yummy and just wonderful. I did't like it warm, it was a little too wiggly. I couldn't swallow it. Cold it's amazing!!
I was actually pretty disappointed with this. For starters, after 40 minutes at 350 it was still wobbling away like it was more liquid than solid, and it took me over 50 to get it done. Even then it tasted too eggy for my liking, and was just a bit bland. I gave this 4 stars as I think some of my disappointment is likely to be down to this just not being the right pudding for me rather than it being a poor recipe.