1/2 Photos of Amazing Cinnamon Chip Scones
Melt in your mouth cinnamon chip scones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (10 ounce) package cinnamon baking chips
- 1Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Cut in the cold butter, with a pastry blender, until it resembles course crumbs.
- 3Stir in buttermilk until moistened.
- 4Fold in cinnamon chips.
- 5Knead gently (10-12 times) or until dough is no longer sticky on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Cut the dough in half. Then gently roll each portion into a 7 inch circle.
- 7Brush each circle with melted butter.
- 8In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Then sprinkle the mixture onto the circles (You can add more sugar and cinnamon if you like).
- 9Cut each circle into six wedges. Then separate the wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 10Bake at 425 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Cinnamon Chip Scones
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 369.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips