Patricia Manson's Note:
The oatmeal blended in a fine powder seems to really add to the cookies, and is healthy. The Bakers unsweetened chocolate is so perfect for these cookies; cookies are not too sweet. Children love these crunchy and tasty cookies.. quite easy to make. Cookies freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces hersheys miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces baker unsweetened chocolate (shave with a potato peeler)
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1Preheat Oven to 375°F degrees.
- 2Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
- 3Cream the butter and both sugars.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla.
- 5Mix together with the flours, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
- 6Add chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate that has been shaved with a potato peeler.
- 7Add finely chopped nuts.
- 8Roll in balls about 2 tbsp each in each ball.
- 9Place balls on an a lightly greased cookie sheet or place parchment paper on sheet.
- 10Flatten balls with a fork or with palm of hands (dough is firm)-- cookies should be 2-inches apart.
- 11Bake 10-12 minutes in oven.
- 12Cool on rack.
- 13Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g