Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A very tasty chili to warm you up on a cold winter's night. Use extra lean beef to further reduce the fat content. It turns out very thick and delicious.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (add more as desired)
- 1 can campbell fiesta tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro, added just before serving (optional)
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic till meat no longer pink, then drain off fat.
- Add celery, green pepper and spices, saute till vegetables are heated through.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot or large stock pot.
- Simmer on very low heat for 8-12 hours, stir every 1-2 hours.
- Serve with a crisp salad and cornbread or crusty rolls.
Enjoyed your chili recipe! At the store I shopped, I could not find Campbell Fiesta Tomato soup so substituted Campbell Fiesta Chili Beef with Beans soup instead. Will look for the other soup to try next time. Thanx!
Great chili, hearty and flavorful. I made 2 small changes: used 1 onion and 2 green peppers; and used a mixture of dark red, light red, and black beans. I'll add some jalapeno next time to give it a little more kick. Thanks for posting this recipe!
This was great on a cool fall evening. I chose this for PAC fall '07. I used regular tomato soup but it was still spicy enough. Thanks for posting.