Recipe by Helen1
A very tasty chili to warm you up on a cold winter's night. Use extra lean beef to further reduce the fat content. It turns out very thick and delicious.
Top Review by M. Joan
Enjoyed your chili recipe! At the store I shopped, I could not find Campbell Fiesta Tomato soup so substituted Campbell Fiesta Chili Beef with Beans soup instead. Will look for the other soup to try next time. Thanx!
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (add more as desired)
- 1 can campbell tomato soup (roasted red pepper or basil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional) or 1⁄4 cup cilantro, added just before serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic till meat no longer pink, then drain off fat.
- Add celery, green pepper and spices, saute till vegetables are heated through.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot or large stock pot.
- Simmer on very low heat for 8-12 hours, stir every 1-2 hours.
- Serve with a crisp salad and cornbread or crusty rolls.