1/6 Photos of Amazing Chicken Tortilla Soup!
1 hr 15 mins
Valerie Marie's Note:
This recipe has been a huge hit with everyone who has ever tried it. We make it almost weekly, and the leftovers are eaten immediately. It is also very healthy! It is a little spicy, so if you don't have too much of a tolerance for spicy foods, you may choose to leave out the seeds of the jalapeño. If you love spicy, like we do, extra cayenne pepper adds even more zing. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup non-fat tortilla chips (optional)
- 1Sauté onion, garlic, jalapeño and green pepper with olive oil in a large pot until soft.
- 2Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
- 3After about 15 minutes, remove the chicken breasts and shred.
- 4(Two forks work well to pull the chicken apart!).
- 5Return shredded chicken to the pot and simmer an additional 45 minutes.
- 6Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Chicken Tortilla Soup!
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 828.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g